Saturday, September 11, 2021

Beige

Beige is offensive on an office wall
Its open hand smacks of enforced blandness,
the white corporate type, red-faced, all smiles,
internally shouting “Get back to work.”

Tell me beige is neutral and I might say:
Beige vomit of spoiled milk on bathroom tile;
A beige foam of scum on a morning tongue;
Beige pus spooned from infected open wounds.

Beige stings my nostrils like disinfectant.
My eyes water. I feel nauseated.

There is no more vulgar color than beige.

2 comments:

  1. That is the color of my place. Neutral tone of bland sensibility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole inside of my house is painted beige. Not sure how we assign neutrality to a color, but here we are.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...