Thursday, September 23, 2021

Cacophony Swathe

What a mess it is 
outside and under my mind 
today biting
scratching to get in 

Computers crashing
plastic plane toys scattered 
pieces all 
over the living room 
napkins blowing by 
newspapers rolling flipping 
over down the road
The grating reverberations 
of the industrial park 
belch and saw mill through 
an air rich with a thick vein 
of fumes festering 
garbage and acrid exhaust

But my that summer ending
wind is nice and reassuring cool 
foretelling of a needed rain and 
bearing aloft the warm safe
smell of grilled dinner and charcoal
An early fall wood smoke and 
that electric hum is steady reliable 
punctuated with the static 
hiss of sporadic
cars traversing asphalt

The world is howling 
in its dying
but i am in this moment 
home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...