Sunday, November 28, 2021

Month Three

This marks the end of my third full month (a little more than that actually) writing a poem a day to post on this blog. There are over a hundred poems and a few other things here, for a grand total of 119 posts (including this one). Today’s poem will go up later and bring the total to 120.

I’ve decided that after a while – maybe six months, or maybe after the year is up – I will go back through this blog and revise a handful of poems for publication elsewhere. Perhaps I’ll look toward creating a chapbook of 30 or 40 heavily revised poems. I’ll make the announcement here if and when I make the final decision.

Speaking of books, my novel is about half way done. NaNoWriMo is supposed to get you to 50,000 words, but I started late and never fully caught up. Instead, after missing a few days, and not getting up early enough to put in the hours on others, I am averaging about 700 words a day for November. It’s still my goal to finish the first rewrite and contact readers before or just after the start of the new year. 

I think about the novel every day. It’s incredible how much there still is to do. Of course, the biggest part of that project is just getting in a seat for more than five minutes and writing. I have a couple of outlines to build on, and from there I am just spraying words on page after page. I have to turn off my monkey mind and just let the words flow. I keep telling myself I only have permission to make edits during the first rewrite.

Anyway, readership of this blog has taken a massive hit in the last couple of weeks, but I am staying off social media for now. I hope those of you who check in from time to time are still finding poems you enjoy. I’m writing everyday regardless.

The project continues …

Be good to each other.
MS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...