Thursday, December 9, 2021

Building A Home

I watched a string of videos about a guy 
who built his own house off grid 
out of whatever was laying on the ground 

It was amazing to watch him
from the realization that led him
toward his dream of buying land 
to building floor and frame
working at it almost every day 
until its full realization

and I got to feeling pretty poorly 
about myself and my lack of ability 
at building tangible things 

so I turned to paper 
and with my words
I cobbled together a castle of golden sandstone
shimmering in the desert sun
with gleaning yellow towers rising 
into the azure sky

but dunes have reclaimed all 
but the tallest tower
that in the ghostly cold of a moonlit night
juts from the sand casting its monolithic shadow
and it’s overrun by a cursed mummy
and his zombie minions who shamble through
its darkened dusty corridors

and i can’t live in it
but now it lives inside me
and now also in you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...