Tuesday, December 21, 2021

First Missed Day

Apologies. I did not post a poem on December 20th, 2021 ... I suppose I was bound to miss a day sooner or later, but this is the first time in four months, and at least I have a reason.

For anyone who read yesterday's poem, you might know that my dad, after a long struggle with cancer and a compromised immune system, died on Sunday the 19th. 

You can imagine that I'm feeling pretty distracted ...

Nonetheless, I will post twice today and will label them both "Poem-A-Day". I am returning to my hometown the day after Christmas to help my mother who is struggling with health problems of her own. 

I will strive to keep writing and posting every day, if for no other reason than it should help me process everything that's happening.

Be good to each other.
-MS

2 comments:

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...