Sunday, February 20, 2022

Another Missed Day

I missed posting yesterday's poem (02/19/22) ... so here is one I wrote this morning:

In the winter noon light,
the house is all sharp edges
and deep angles.
Cold air whines in through cracks,
no matter how tightly shut the windows.
The cat finds a patch of low sunlight
and sleeps fitfully on the rug.
The kitchen tile is uneven, and
there’s a bulge in the ceiling that’s been there
since we moved in.
The neighbor’s flag makes sharp flat flapping sounds
like a coiled towel snap on my ears.
My son, angry with me for asking what’s wrong,
takes his breakfast to his room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...