Sunday, February 20, 2022

Proxy "Magic: The Gathering" Lands in Watercolor Panels

I painted these using watercolor pencils over the last three or four days. 

The mountains were my first attempt. I used a mana symbol cut from a land on the first panel. For the others I used stickers from a gift box of old Magic Cards. Then, I used Mod Podge to seal them and add durability.


I just finished the forest panels tonight. I haven't mod podged them yet, but intend to. They are still taped together, but when I am confident they're dry, I will separate them and apply the sealer to front and back. I won't be using stickers or putting mana symbols on these at all.


I enjoyed painting these quite a lot. I think I may do more paintings on small panels like these, and include them as unique art pieces in copies of the Dionysian Blunderbuss zine I am planning (if people request to have copies sent to them).

Let me know what you think. 

Be good to each other.

~ MS






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...