Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Untitled 3.29.22

streetlights haloed in
spiderweb scratches pinwheel spinning
cotton candy backlit on a stick
hot chocolate and mint on her breath
still hot and sweet on her lips 
before i pull away

because i am dragging this cauldron of ashes 
from things i have touched
through every evening’s streets
loves confidences bridges

i know i don’t deserve 
the little love i have left i treasure
i know i know
it takes no convincing

before the loss pierces my once impenetrable hide
before a final acceptance
of the various densities of age

projecting my mind high into the air
wings of a dragon on the night wind
to the ledge above the secluded green overgrown grotto
where the meager trove of my worth remains hidden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...