Monday, April 25, 2022

Fat Shame Sketches

i’m built like a trailer full of trash
resenting my body like i got nothing to do with it
my mind would orphan this form in a 
heart beat 
but then that’s the problem

and i dreamed somebody asked why are you so sad
and i said i have to wear this fucking meat suit everywhere i go 
and it’s all that i can do to forget it
i can’t shed it
i don’t want to be seen 
but it’s too hard to miss me
if i was Joshua from Nazareth
even fucking Judas wouldn’t kiss me

the condition of this carcass even rhymes with my name
added thickness from the layers of internalized shame

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...