Monday, May 16, 2022

The Impure Work

only in ignorance does emotion appear pure
now the tones and colors of each moment 
run mixing into all others

the sad tension of anxious work
pervades the moment of quiet calm
the tense anger of acid remarks
mars with restraint the joyous reunion
the swelling of my heart at my child’s embrace
confined in a tightening chest of debts

compartmentalization no longer meets success
the contortions required 
bend these bones to points of breaking
shoulders elbows knees out of joints
mind shattered into shards so small
reassembly seems impossible

through the fractures bleeding hues endure
strokes of moods and sensations commingling 
each layered feeling impure complex

all set firmly askew in an age sturdied frame
beneath semiprecious organic crystalline glass 
cut in many-colored facets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...