Thursday, May 12, 2022

Therapy

needing to alter anxious thinking
i don’t bring my cagey singing to an altar
a therapist is not a priest at office hours for a session
but barfing up my baggage feels a fuckload like confession
what a profession 
i confess i’m not averse to feeling envy
but this human across the room must have a finite well of sympathy
while i mine it and whine that i’ve lost a sense of hope
she nods along then summarizes and asks me how I cope
i draw i paint i write shit no one reads like poetry
she asks if i’m concerned about my legacy
i say honestly that doesn’t mean that much to me
and wonder if that’s a lie
i have no control over the stories people tell after i die
mostly i don’t want to live a life that’s mirthless
and it would help if i didn’t feel so worthless
possessed by fear and grief my self-doubt’s a fucking beast
on second thought and second second thoughts 
maybe i do need a priest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...