Monday, June 20, 2022

Adrift

wrapped in blankets smothered 
drowning out the outside 
bounded and soundless
heaven to the tortured ear 
unaccepted permeant loss
worn like the albatross 
neck broken swinging 
shit pouring out on deck 
whether the man or the fowl 
in foul weather
the storm to be weathered
weathered and worn
torn asunder
run afoul

the sickness and its vessel
the alienated and the alienist
reprehensible to the daylight
shining eyes of the common
myself sightless i hide behind parole
to make me meaningful and whole
lend me the last shreds of my dignity
the rest returned in the wind
that final tempest
that mental Charybdis spin

caressing beak and feathers to chest
faithless stinking
shouting the prayer out to
nothing there
sinking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...