Sunday, June 5, 2022

Kids These Days

there’s a menacing quality
to the teenage laughter of this neighborhood 

i have trust issues and
i know they won’t take me seriously

these kids bouncing balls and yelling at night
or driving windows down and tunes up loud
i am glad their enjoying themselves but
not at the expense of the solace of others

i’m not going to yell at them to get off my lawn
or turn down the goddamned music
how could they hear me in the clouds 

but on the ground

i have children of my own now who need to sleep
and i have jangled nerves that need untangling
and a need for a simplified life where things go right 
if only once in a while

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...