Sunday, July 24, 2022

Eden

begin like the gravel 
ripped from the stream bed 
coarse and shining like a new galaxy
strewn on the hard pack and through the grass 
trapped in asphalt for eons
or until next winter’s potholes

man believe me when i tell you
there is no way back to that home
retrace your steps 
to the water 
even to the garden if you must 
but you can never be happy there 
where you were cast out 
will always remember you 

under the surface the land 
is bulging trauma 
until it rips through 
and gulps down your heart’s blood

pull it out and plant that seed 
eat of the fruit of the tree it grows 
this is your destiny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...