Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Sharks

cornucopian conglomerations 
regarded past passions as
indivisible irreversible irrevocable 

not what revolutionary means

here in the land of the free you can
just say you are and be 

but forgetting spins in our veins 
built in the founding fathers’ fall
we forget
that is our hell
the fiery playground merry-go-round 
the rope history skips 
like a record

rewrite rewritten history twice transcribed
the crossed off crossed out 
fifty states stations of the cross 
you say you want a constitutional convention
well you know
conservative editors will 
have wet dreams
the fucking flies jerking 
off in the ointment

sickness sequestered living room aglow
waiting for breaks between the commercials

this season sharks come ashore
walk around like no one notices 
pretending to be people
oh that dorsal fin runs in my family 
yeah rare mutation 
oh the fifteen rows of teeth 
just coincidence
(the better to eat you with my fucking fricassee)
don’t forget to vote and when you do
vote for me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...