Friday, September 23, 2022

More Than Human

more than human in name only
i slowly came into my roaming
so most here don’t know me
and no one owes me or owns me
religiously devoted to existential mess
needing tenderness 
dancing with the woman in the velvet dress 
that song grows more appealing by degrees
the autumn wind through the leaves
in the trees relieves me
the truth is i’m despairing believe me
and that could never free me
would freeze me if i let it
to give in would be too easy 
that’s sleazy so forget it
manufactured fracturing of the real struggle
to stay grounded and actual without a muzzle
so to speak clearly on my intentions
adding angles to my mentions
while maintaining a healthy somewhat selfless attention
disinterested interest like Edward Said said
before 2003 came and i learned he was dead
through overdue tears it’s hard to describe my sorrow
nineteen years tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...