Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Trust On Ice

tires crunched over ice
slowly on the snow-covered road
and stopped at the top of my driveway

the driver said
he would give his life for us

i shifted in my seat and said 
please don’t
a joke

he said i would trust either of you 
with my life
and we would trust you with ours 
said the passenger

but from the back seat 
i leaned forward my foot ready 
for my mouth and said
you’re my friends but
i don’t trust you
i don’t know that i trust anyone

inside the car was quiet
when i said goodnight
lit by the headlights
i trudged through the treacherous cold
slipping shamefully into to the dark house 
at the end

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...