Monday, April 3, 2023

Bat Boy Crosses A Line

remember the rubbish 
awaiting our wonder
when the warring world 
was waxing weary
and we latched onto fictions

unsolved mystery books 
in the elementary school library
with aliens and ghosts

thunderbird’s enormous shadow
but the roar the natives heard 
was no bird 

some plane passed through
a cloud over the Bermuda Triangle
and dropped off the radar

when i heard American Indians’ name for it
i knew sasquatch was real
some alternate hominin 
hiding in forests out west

and don’t get 
prepubescent me started
on Loch Ness

my 13th birthday gifts in hand
anger betrayal 
a supermarket tabloid
Bat Boy silently screaming
on the black and white cover

that too-close too-clear
obviously computer crafted snap
ended the illusions

a lie that was such a lie 
it poked a hole in all the lies and i
somehow sad i couldn't believe 
in lies anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...