Friday, April 28, 2023

Dreaming Of Eden

i don’t want the steady drip from corners 
of weary obtuse angles in my brain
nor pens of gridded squares on which to map 
my trajectory through space each dark day
hitching cars coughing and narrowly laned
a brief break for lunch a bored heavy nap

give me daylight brilliant windows
dancing green grasses breeze blown trees
wild blooms and a swift brook splashing
we’ll watch fireflies flashing at night
beneath prodigious domes with holes
for moon and stars to pour their light

then sleeping in your splendid arms
wrapt legs soft lips and shampooed hair
or unashamed sleepless and bare
and loved and full of care and warm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...