Sunday, April 9, 2023

Easter Dreams & No Poem Today

No new poem today. Just going to enjoy the holiday with family and I hope you all get to do the same.

Last night I dreamed that a friend of mine decided that I should die to prove his theories about reincarnation. I was in the middle of telling him not to do it, when he pulled out a gun and shot me in the head.

Everything went dark. I felt like I was floating.

Then (still dreaming), I opened my eyes and saw I was laying in bed in a new body. I remembered being relieved that my friend was right, but the relief was short-lived. My friend had shot me after all, and the world I woke up in was not the one I'd left. I wondered if my wife and my sons were somewhere mourning my death and if they even existed in this new world. 

At the peak of my dream-self's crisis, I woke up for real.

Betrayed by a friend, and then born again. Seems appropriate for the holiday.

Be good to each other.
~MS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...