Monday, June 19, 2023

The Slump - Taking The Night Off

Howdy folks. Sorry, but my heart and mind are decidedly not in it for poetry tonight. I've been trying all day to put words and phrases together to no avail, so I am taking the night off in the hope that a short break will allow my brain to unclench.

I'm in a bit of a slump where drawing and painting are concerned as well. I am finishing up a commission, and for whatever reason, it's pushing me to my limits of confidence. I've reached a point where I can no longer tell if what I'm doing is any good, or has any value, and it's a crappy way to feel. But I'm going to finish this painting and then give myself the opportunity to experiment with some other styles.

I might be due for a similar mix-up where poetry is concerned as well. 

See y'all tomorrow.

Be good to each other.
~MS


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...