Wednesday, June 28, 2023

When Last I Felt Contentment

that midwinter Sunday 
with my parents out
just as the late afternoon dark 
crept its shadow across the snow
stark black trees my only audience
i drew a hot bath and stripped bare
threw open the door and ran 

once around the house whooping unashamed 
naked muscles tensing every sinew shaking 
and leapt into a white drift rolling my body 
in a million sharp edges of ice

laughing madly inside i ran and slid 
down into the steaming tub of water
that winter evening darkening blue
reached through the window into my skin
filling me with warm quiet peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...