Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Vacation Day 5: Back To The Fossil Pit and Painting At The Preserve

We started the day back at the fossil pit in Montour Preserve. We didn’t find any fossils, but my wife admitted she is now addicted to fossil hunting. I couldn’t be happier for her. Our four-year-old was just happy to play in the shale.

We returned to the hotel for lunch and relaxation.

After several hours, my wife, our four-year-old, and I returned to Montour preserve. Some rain showers hit just after we arrived, but slowed and then stopped shortly.

They dropped me at a pavilion overlooking the lake, and continued to the fossil pit where they met with some success finding a few small fossils. I painted the gorgeous view with watercolor in my sketchbook. I didn’t have long, and it was a very loose painting, but it felt good just to paint.


It turned into a beautiful evening. We grabbed dinner and came back to the hotel to wind down.

We made the decision as a family to cut our travels short by a day. Tomorrow morning we rise, load up the car, and head back home. Our oldest is looking forward to tomorrow night’s marching band practice. The four-year-old is excited to return to his toys. My spouse wants to return to familiarity. I’ll be happy to just be in the comfort of our house with a few days left before I have to return to work.

I’ll likely resume posting poetry here tomorrow night. Until then …

Be good to each other.
~MS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...