Monday, August 21, 2023

Yard Sale Sketches and Future Hopes

We had a yard sale this weekend. We were less about what money we could make and more about hoping things like my son's old crib and some unused gifts could find good homes. There was a lot left over from the sale which we are happy to donate. 

While I waited I spent a little while doing ink and watercolor wash, and watercolor and gouache paint sketches in my little Stillman & Birn sketchbook. The results are below.



To live a life of painting, writing poetry, and caring for my family without having to have some other means of financial support is a dream I feel myself slowly dying to day by day, and it breaks my heart. I know that writing and drawing and painting are just in my blood though. I could never stop.

I was so happy to have given an abstract art card to a neighbor this morning, and to have sold a small painting today to an early customer. I'm sad to not know his name, but he has my contact information. Maybe he'll reach out here.

The little 4"x6" acrylic painting was called "Moon Over Denali". I think it may have been the first landscape painting I did after expanding my mediums into acrylic.


This was the piece on the abstract art card. I called it "Abstract II - Jazz".


I am considering announcing open commissions on social media, but I want to finish a body of work demonstrating my skill in not only landscapes, but portraits as well. Perfect opportunities to continue experimenting in oil paints as well as acrylic. I need to develop my portfolio.

That's all for now. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...