Sunday, September 10, 2023

Back At It Again

I'm deeply sad to report that only two people signed up for my creative writing class. The minimum requirement was 6 ... so I'll try again in the spring. 

Rather than give in to this horrible emotional low I'm feeling, I'm going to pick up the habit again.

A post a day until I don't.

I think mostly what I do here will still be poetry, but I'm not ruling out short fiction or even essays. I am starting fresh and only keeping one of the original rules about posting daily: Whatever I post must be original and made the same day as the post. Inner critic be damned!

This of course means generating a heaping pile of steaming linguistic garbage by the time I take any kind of extended break again, but so be it! There should also be some little treasures in the mix. And if I move even one person with trash or treasure, I'll feel fulfilled all the same.

If extended time away has taught me anything it's that I need to write, and I need it to be routine or it might be a month between times that I try. I make no excuses for my artistic laziness, only attempts to combat it.

Not creating regularly makes me feel stuck. I used to have these dreams that I was stuck in a pipe unable to back out and unable to push through. Lately it's felt like my dreams are coming true.

See you tomorrow!

Be good to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...