Thursday, September 14, 2023

Second Coming Canceled

when the too red sun is almost gone
i turn and face the coming night
the dark lavender sky
stars shimmer through smoke
flickering airplane lights
streetlights encircled 
by needles and moths
the monstrous howl of distant engines
crickets singing somewhere
fireflies and traffic lights flash
on and off trapped in cycles

and it pains me to think
i hope we don’t make it
i’m sad to say that’s the truth
and i pointlessly worry at the world
my boys will come to accept
as just the way it is and
we do what we can and
shaking our monkey heads
shrugging shoulders bare palms up
as if to say ooh ooh eee eee 
that will have to suffice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...