Saturday, October 14, 2023

Anxiety

Every day I want you gone more.
Detritus clouding the very air I choke upon.
Leaving me shaking without respite
    from my evening release to Monday morning.
You tyrannical despot, I can’t 
    keep carrying your empty weight
    without breaking down in decay.
I’m meant to be free these days 
    not harangued in your hazy admonishments.
How do you cling so when I fight
    from just after waking ‘til long in the night?
Go! I beg for reprieve.
I’ll open a window.
    Will you fucking leave, please?
No. I’m saturated to bone with you.
Longing for distraction, reaching for my phone,
    drawing, painting, writing this poem.

There. For a moment, 
    we’re square.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...