Saturday, October 21, 2023

Any Other Night

i want to hurl my laptop like a shuriken
        stick it smoking in the wall
slam my fist onto the table ‘til it cracks
pour kerosene on all my sketchbooks
        light a match and watch them go
        also throw my paintings on that pyre

all the time invested money spent
what a waste in the face 
of this temporary tension
what a shame to have frittered
that unrequited time
fantasies misplaced

someone else’s dreams no doubt
that made their way to me
delusions of a life
it seems clear can never be
just fill my fucking casket 
with paint i didn’t use
        the books i'll never fill
the words i didn’t write
goodnight 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...