Thursday, October 26, 2023

Courage In The Second Act

if fortune favors brave ones
i was brined lily-liver no onions
could hardly stand to raise my voice
humor canned with a flavor so bland
in truth in youth given no choice

now middle-aged and how cagey
no longer the bold man’s foil
but bald man toiling and mortally coiled
no longer scraping for stage lights
off stage left gone pear-shaped

more stubborn than i was 
at times i itch to fight
when i know what’s right and what’s rich
when to flex or be flexible
to pretend to flinch or ditch

how fearless i feel now thumbing my nose
snuffing the day facing oncoming night
tell me no heaven nor hell and just nothing well
that’s alright
everything’s alright

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...