Sunday, January 28, 2024

Taking The Weekend and "The Artist's Way"

Hi Everybody,

I took the weekend off to work on a painting and to clear my head. It's been nice not feeling compelled to post a poem or a piece of writing every single night. I think I might consider taking weekends off moving forward.

The Artist's Way is a book by Julia Cameron that outlines a 12-week course for "blocked" artists, but it's useful for other things as well. I started the course (on my own) at the beginning of November and finished this past week, and I have a lot of thoughts I'll share here this coming week. While working through the book/course I wrote a lot in a notebook I kept specifically for something Julia Cameron calls "morning pages". For the last three months I've been getting up around 5am and writing. I've never written so much so consistently in my life, and while I can't say it's been life-changing, it's definitely affected changes in me mostly for the better.

So there's a kind of review of The Artist's Way, some art, and a bunch more poems coming up this week. I hope you find something to enjoy in all of it.

Be good to each other.
~Bacchus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...