Friday, September 17, 2021

Cradle

rows of windowless dull 
rusting metal heaps 
ancient dinosaur skulls 
blasted wheels on cracked 
pavement dried vein 
or stone scar sealed 
with black tar opening
crumbling at encroaching
roots 

power lines down
grid of rubble 
dust ash 
yellowed bone
in shadowed valleys of towering 
progress some rats starve

halfway between 
this borough barrow
and the next 
the tube’s lone serpent 
cradles her silent eyeless 
without complaint

continental teeth grit
chews into throaty trenches 
cleaned its slate plate swallowed

what thoughts? what philosophy? what laws? what triumphs? 
what despairs? what justice? 
what 
injustice? 
what resources? what humanity? what great
inevitable
dying?

the oblivion complete 
eons pass until the
star swollen with unknowing 
chaos consumes the last vestige 
of a small 
brown 
dot

 - - -

in the night
the sound of wet
wind-blown leaves
car tires rolling over 
the smell of rain-soaked streets

inside sleeping
my beloveds breathing

desire 
for their happiness 
fills my whole heart
purpose
soothes me back 
to dreaming

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...