Wednesday, October 6, 2021

a part of me is missing


a part of me is missing
cool damp evening air 
perfumed by vine ripened fruit
cycling past the vineyards
through late summer gloaming
on my way to the tavern
for too much wine and a meal 
alone with a pen and a blank page

the silence of solitude
dark-eyed waits patiently for her patrons
a small knowing smile playing
at the corners of her wanting mouth
whose present absence sucks my heart
a longing goodbye kiss 
at the end of a night
on a hazy lamp-lit lane 

but seasons pass
and many are the voices that crowd age
tolling bells phones ringing
the needs of the next now
and never now

so when a quiet moment falls
featherlight and fragile
our parting tongues entangle and
a single voice singing
saudade, saudade, saudade
the song of my soul


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...