Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Days Dying

Now down to darkness declining and sleep,
the small death at the burnt end of each day.
Respite of wary, worried, and weary
minds beaten, broken by a care-worn world,
slumber, destroyer, creator of dreams,
afterlife of the living, yet to wake.
Don’t cheat me of time, of vitality.
One third of life unconscious? Enemy
mine, I will continue to fight and find
the way around the bleary-eyed waking
nettles of but a few hours respite.
I will scream and shout, raging against you,
and taking the consequences in stride.
Waking life persists when the day has died.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...