Monday, November 29, 2021

Holy Moment - Late Spring, 1996

pink rose silky sheen on open petals yellow center sun
shines from the morning clear late spring sky
movement in the air bright white with black lacing
flutter long-legged landing on the flower open wings butterfly

step away slowly heart swelling enamored reach for the camera
but none at hand panic frantic thinking high on the shelf 
plastic rectangle with the flip cover round lens and back
to the railing see a brief flash of wings sailing there by myself

one attempt to capture a flash of true beauty
a cloud covered the sun

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...