Sunday, November 7, 2021

I Have Been


i have been
a baby
a toddler a boy a brat
a fat kid an adolescent a weird kid
a singer
a boyfriend
a bully a friend
a runner
an actor a local celebrity
alone
a stream and a bridge
ice on the falls in the winter
mud dried on boots in the spring
a tree and mycelia breaking mulch in the soil
at its roots.
a fly on the wall,
a fish a cat a dog
a pig an ass 
a horse a goat
a barrista
a man
a pugilist
a student a teacher
a drop-out a graduate
a conman an artist
a husband a father
a loser a cheat
a has-been 
a professional
a boss a coach
a jerk
a lover
a gamer
a dragon a harbinger
a nerd a hobbyist
a debtor
a nomad a trespasser an outcast
a customer service representative
a stone from which no blood could be squeezed
a guide a trainer
a mourner
a writer
and I would say 
this time I want to stay here 
but after so many changes i know more
are inevitable because change 
is how you know you are
alive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...