Saturday, November 6, 2021

Conversation With A Rock


I tried talking to a rock.
It complained about the mud
and said the rain was tearing it down.
It was cold at night, and
when the rain got down in the cracks
it froze.
Now the cracks were spreading
and pieces were falling off.

Sometimes someone would come by
and cover the rock with a blanket
and a tarp to keep the rain off,
but that made it hard to breathe, 
and there was still the mud.

So, the rock said it didn’t care,
and would just sit there
suffering and complaining about its plight
until it was rubble.

I felt badly for the rock,
but knew the most I could do
was come by in the spring
with a shovel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...