Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Afterlife

peel back Greenland and that’s where I will lay my head
North America of heart and hunger for my chest and stomach
my hips and legs under the slowly depleted rain forests of South America
and my feet under the snowy Antarctic blankets
lay the lands back over me
i promise not to roll around too much

there i would sleep until it’s over
i won’t mind the dirt and the things that crawl
dark and warm in my burrow
burned sometimes by belches of magma
when i need a drink the rivers and streams will flow into me
and everything will carry on
until it is quiet

in the post human silence
where i am not welcome
i may rise and brush the dirt from my eyes.
sip the fresh clean clouds from blue skies
and then sit taking it all in
eagles will nest in my hair
elk will ramble and roam across the fields and forests of my thighs
until I am covered with dust and wilds
in repose
i will become mountains

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...