Monday, February 14, 2022

Defect

abrogating and wasted 
awash in loss and cortisol basted
brain is on fire the light’s almost gone
out of choices no voice 
on the other side of my phone
been a lot of years out here enduring alone
harboring unpopular barbarian thoughts
about corporate sources of discourse and power zoned

at four am the ad campaigns stage a foray
to my shame into my worried mind lame earworm soiree
today it’s hard to feel the Marx card is worth pealing
in the dark night suburban shard light splashing
wishing for sleep but staring at the ceiling

knowing i’m going nowhere 
i got no shares and i’m pear shaped
i get blank stares i got no cape
for no reason I paint landscapes
from my desk chair i breath stale air
I stay inside ‘cuz I’m all hair like grape ape

people run rampant when frightened to see me
i tell them i’m no harm but nobody believes me

so i write to right wrongs
i sing songs in the shower
if you long for a cursed verse
give me a bower and
one 
silent 
hour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...