Monday, March 14, 2022

Cages

there is a slick bloody demon
muffled and muzzled 
bound and lunging on a black chain
to a stuck muck drain 
in a chamber of my oubliette heart

sometimes if too often prodded
sweat slickened muscles bulging 
it slips free and revels in rages
ripping through restraints
gnashing teeth and shredding claws
lashing links as the leash 
is made weapon
the drain backs up 
all bubbling ichor and hot copper smell
the heart becomes a fuming Gehinnom

with stoked ire roaring in my chest
eyes welling and jaw clenched
I scream and flail as if possessed
and I want to bloody my fists bashing
all the walls of my cage

then in shame it subsides
placated the demon sleeps and is again tied
but never dies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...