Sunday, March 13, 2022

Out Of Joint

while i was away i got pushed around
bent out of shape
fragmented
now i’m back home and everything’s refracted
my same old clothes seem cut wrong
seams in 
strange places
others’ expectations awkward and restrictive
choices being offered are too few
i’m stumbling over boundaries blindly pushing past limits snapping strings

and there is no time to decide
between forcing it and faking it
or breaking it
taking consequences as they come

one way is safe 
one way is good
both are wrong

so i wait shaking on this threshold
birthing a world in a doorway
taking on the resulting messes
watching for the form that
coalesces

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...