Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Nets

unconsciously woven of words long before birth
made to catch and wrap the infant
to sink into the skin with age
glistening gossamer threads to structure the skeleton
to form frameworks for perceptual reference
and reinforced with gradual understanding

in this way we genetically modify our young

what does it mean to be
genuine authentic
when consciousness is a cobwebbed box of borrowed books
civilization a system for consistency
culturally inbred brined and bullied

i often think of the fish in the joke
wondering “What the hell is water?”

at university i studied underwater basket unweaving
i find myself perpetually pulling loose strings
then wrapping myself so tightly in meshes
eventually i’m back outside
entangled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...