Thursday, March 17, 2022

The Lingering Scents Of Remembered Hope

embedded with no empathy
entrenched with no egress
i could pretend i’m not invested
divest myself of the mess
and lessen the desperation
all for the red coal bed of cold despair

but i remember spring nights
and the dryer vents pushing perfume
into the excited intoxicated night air
the ripe grapes in the fall flavoring the mist
the lilac and the tiger lily
the cucumber gin and tonic
wooded vanilla wined whiskey
the slick wet strawberry kissed

and there is still something there
smell of her shampoo in clean wet hair
the still wet arms enfolding
the water droplets glistening 
and falling from her rose-tipped breasts
to my tight excited chest

lying in the warm darkness breathing
at last the rest is rest
intermittent calm and dribbles of sympathetic commiseration
many moons of coffee spoons perhaps
a measured stable messiness is best

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...