Saturday, May 21, 2022

Outside

can i unmake this past in my mind
reset it on the path of least anguish
pick up where we left off
those years ago

refuse to let you take our child 
to that place where you neglect him
and then double barrel off into oblivion

on the thin skin of this reality 
from dreams shattered
a body shape of pain 
still pressing on the spattered screen

and from the other side outlined
deforming the mornings 
compressing all anxiety into 
one fine point in memory

even so
allow me to know now there is an exit 
to the outside of outside
though i haven’t yet found the door

you are not there

i hate your ghost 
it is no longer welcome 
in my still beating heart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...