Monday, April 17, 2023

A Few Lines In Answer To The National Anthem*

yeah i saw the fucking flag flying
side of the Sunrise Highway
just over a bursting spray of new spring green
with the McDonald’s flag on mast just beneath

*I have plans for a longer version of this poem exploring how I am simultaneously grateful to live in this country, but also fiercely angry every time another freedom is curtailed or another group of people just trying to live their lives comes under threat of losing their rights because of some narrow minded bigots' stiflingly short-sighted interpretation of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. 

Anyway, this will likely be a long one and I will post it here with an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...