Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Unwinding The Night

marginal gains wasting in my head
the dead spoke in the wheel
no one listened
only waited for their turn 

argosies and mutiny hand in hand 
the blessed peel coils the brother toils 
up the stairs grasps the rope and tolls 
the bell peals matins for the masses 

slowly unwinds the snake of night who 
slinks back over the curve of the earth 
shedding a thin skin with cells 
to catch the light in rainbows

there is no evil in the night only 
the fanged threat of superstitious poison 
the timid human alone 
in the wide darkness jumping 
at shadows darker than night 

but there’s nothing 
not there in the light

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...