Saturday, September 23, 2023

Poetry Moves

poetry has moved me
in with friends and lovers
then back with my parents
from Corning to Fredonia
from a student dorm to a trailer
to an apartment half underground
back to a dorm

it once packed me off 
to Rochester then to Buffalo 
with a woman and her child
from a mall bookstore gig 
to cafĂ© work then a bookshop 
on the Elmwood strip

it moved me in hospitals 
for the births of my children
through divorce and marriage
a custody battle
too many deaths

poetry keeps moving me
around Long Island
by Babylon and Whitman’s home
and Melville’s namesake
Deer Park and Lindenhurst 

it still moves me
moves in me through me
moves me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...