Sunday, October 8, 2023

Moonlighter

men’s pangs dance them into poaching curses
my pale guide you see this evening isn’t ideal
alas just float still and perfect reflect and feel its tone
witness love’s splendid seemingly joyous revelries

unique as the moon the cool lot await some large truth
but only penitence for posturing forms a bridge to grander hours
only wait to open the gate or find yourself in a mess of toil

or as bored children remain in the house doused in somber fantasies
gaze in malaise out the window at autumn’s spreading blemishes 
converse with liars and tired hypocrites in plastic

all the while my blessed soul impiously 
presses itself ever closer to the core of the moon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...