Sunday, January 30, 2022

The Artist Formerly Known As Little Rattle Stilt

i’ll sit down to spin one of these
or set up to create
but my name is known 
and always my mind is summoned away

i have these ideas about art
its value in my dreams is measureless
and my needs are small
after the demands of modern life are met

sometimes i get online and search
“what is the point of art”
i don’t know why i am never reassured
it’s no use tearing myself in two
and i’ve no mountain cottage to run to

so i seek out any scattered times
deemed barren by contemporary standards
and if i escape the rattling ghosts in my head
self-loathing and dread

i enter that ethereal wilderness
where i can melt into words
or strokes of pencil or paint on cold press pages
and there it feels like spinning sheaves into gold

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Bots, Poetry, and Coming Back Again

I checked my blog's numbers after my last post. My readership seemed to be exploding, but considering the volume was all from Singapore,...